Each year, the brightest brains behind the best social enterprises in the UK are given the recognition they deserve. The UK Social Enterprise Awards 2017 shine the spotlight on organisations for their business excellence and contribution to society, as well as the achievements of people working at the heart of the sector. All social enterprises can apply, and there are specific categories that investors, corporates, public sector bodies and charities may also apply for.
The Big Issue is sponsoring the Awards. Winners will be announced at a ceremony and gala dinner in a central London venue on Thursday 23 November. There are 13 categories in total and this year we’ve added two new ones – ‘Tech for Good’ and ‘Community Business of the Year’.
Deadline for applications is midnight on 14 July.
The Awards Categories are…
- UK Social Enterprise of the Year
- One to Watch Award
- Prove It: Social Impact Award
- ‘Buy Social’ – Market Builder Award
- Social Investment Deal of the Year
- Health and Social Care Enterprise
- Consumer Facing Social Enterprise
- Education, Training & Jobs Social Enterprise
- Environmental Social Enterprise
- Tech for Good: Technology Social Enterprise
- Social Enterprise Women’s Champion
- International Impact
- Community Business of the Year
Click here to apply for the awards and find out more about each of the categories
The Social Investment Deal of the Year can be entered by either the investor or investee, and the ‘Buy Social’ – Market Builder Award recognises any organisation that has made efforts to actively buy from social enterprises.