We know so much of the news around the cost of living crisis can be overwhelming. So we’re doing something about it. The Big Issue is launching a cost of living newsletter to help our readers navigate the crisis, bringing the latest news, money-saving tips, uplifting stories showing the strength of our communities and ways to take action on the issues you care about.
We won’t shy away from the difficult topics or brush over the harsh realities, but there is also so much room for hope. There are people doing incredible work, calling on the government for change, demanding a better future and demonstrating what that can look like.
It’s not down to individuals to fix the economy, but neither are we powerless. Survival Guide newsletter isn’t going to fix everything – but we hope to remind people that change is possible. We can tackle this together. And we’ll bring a smile to your face as we do it.
Want to try the newsletter before you sign up?Read all of our past issues below.
- March 16, Issue 1: Did they fudge the budget?
- March 23, Issue 2: Meet the mums on hunger strike
- March 30, Issue 3: Are boomers to blame?
- April 6, Issue 4: Did someone say free food?
- April 13, Issue 5: Pack your bags. We’re moving to Abu Dhabi
- April 20, Issue 6: Can you solve this tricky puzzle?
- April 27, Issue 7: Did the Bank of England just tell us to stop whining?
- May 4, Issue 8: Sex for rent | Coronation costs | Billions unclaimed
- May 11, Issue 9: The real migrant crisis
- May 18, Issue 10: I will not give up my cheese sandwich